LadyQueen's Tutorial Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masked Dreams

Go down

Masked Dreams Empty Masked Dreams

Post by Tonya Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Masked Dreams

Masked Dreams MaskedDreams_Tonya-vi

This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• Dreams scrapkit made by the very talented Stef of Freebie Friends available for download. If you choose to download this kit, please 'leave some love' on her 4shared in appreciation, it's what helps keep these freebies free lol.

• I used 2 masks from Creative Misfits blog, please leave some love if you download.

• Tube I used was by Ching-Chou Kuik which is available for purchase through Up Your Art, any tube that you wish to use will do though. Please do not use the tube I used without a proper license to do so.

• Wordart of choice, I used a piece from Vaybs which can be downloaded here. Please leave some love if you download this set.

• Filters I used were Xero Porcelain, Super Blade Pro, and Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow.

• Font used was Carl Beck, but any font will do.

Okay ready, let's go, this is very easy, I promise!

• Open a new image with a white background of 700 x 700. We can crop and re-size as needed later. Paste frame of choice as a new layer (I used element 32), re-size if you like. On the white background layer, add a new blank layer, select all, and paste paper of choice into selection. I used paper 4. Select none and apply mask of choice, I used Aqua Rebel's mask 38. Do NOT merge layers.

• Grab tube of choice, I'm used a beautiful fairy by Ching-Chou Kuik. Paste in the masked layer, you'll need to put this below the mask layer, but above the paper layer. I mirrored the tube but it's all preference. At this point I noticed that there was some stars on her face from the frame which I didn't think worked well lol, so I just flipped the frame and problem solved. If you need to have any parts of the tube that are sticking out under the frame, just use your freehand selection too and remove them (making sure that you are on the tube layer), and press delete and then select none when happy.

• I decided to add just a little more mask effect behind everything, so on white layer, again I added a new layer, select all, and paste paper of choice into selection on that new layer. I chose to use paper 10 and chose to colorize to bring out more of the purple undertones. I used settings of 192 hue and 156 saturation and applied another mask. This time I used mask Circle Mask 1 by Jenny. After applying I noticed it showed through a little too much, so on the frame layer, using my magic wand tool, clicked inside the frame once (tolerance at 15) and then moved to the new paper layer inside that second mask and press delete and then select none. Looks kind of funky doesn't it? On that paper layer in the mask yet, I moved the opacity down to about 32 or so, once happy merge that masked layer.

• Back up to the mask layer that has our tube in it. I applied Xero Porcelain to it, duplicated and moved that duplicate below original tube layer applying a gaussian blur of 1 to it. On the original tube layer, I changed the blend mode to Luminance (L). If happy with positioning and everything you can now merge that masked layer as well.

• Let's add that wordart now. Open up wordart of choice, I used Fairytale Dreams, with my wordart pieces I often export them as a brush tip, it's easier to apply color of choice to them that way. I did that with this piece and then applied the brush using color white. I clicked a couple of times as this makes it a little thicker. Once happy, I selected all, float, defloat, and applied Super Blade Pro, use whatever setting you like, I chose one that matched the blues in the tag and then a gradient glow and drop shadow of choice.

• Finish up by adding elements of choice, I just added a couple of butterflies to it, I know it's not much but hey sometimes less is more! At this point I also re-sized the whole tag to my finished product lol. Do any sharpening and drop shadows now too. Then I added the artist's copyright information and my tagger's watermark.

• Only thing left is our text of course. I used ellipse preset shape making size similarily of frame and then did my text on the vector shape. I used white, and applied Super Blade Pro again, same setting and a gradient glow and drop shadow of choice.

Okay that's it! Simple but effective I hope.

This tutorial was written by Tonya on December 29, 2009 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my expression permission.
Tonya
Tonya
Admin

Back to top Go down