LadyQueen's Tutorial Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buggy Love (PTU kit)

Go down

Buggy Love (PTU kit) Empty Buggy Love (PTU kit)

Post by ladyqueen Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:37 am

Buggy Love

Buggy Love (PTU kit) BuggyLove_Tonya-vi

This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• Bugs N Kisses scrapkit made by the very talented QueenBrat it is available for purchase at her store.

• I used a tube I had purchased of Chrissy Clark's. At the time I purchased she was with AMI (Artistic Minds Inc), however now she is with My Tag Art, and you can purchase her cute tubes there.

• I used 2 masks in this tag, both of them belonging to Vix, please go here to get them, all of her masks are awesome! I used masks 108 & 348. Please leave some love if you download ♥️

• Filters I used were Xero Porcelain, Eye Candy 4000 Glass, and Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow

• Font used was Florens LP Alternates which I cannot share, but any scripty font will work nicely.

Okay ready, let's go, this will be fun I promise!

• Open up a new white canvas 700 x 700, we can re-size and crop later as appropriate. Paste frame 1 as a new layer and re-size as needed (I did mine by 45%). On white background layer, select all, add a new layer and paste a paper of choice into that new blank layer, I used paper 6. Apply Vix' mask 348. I moved the mask layer down a little bit, try to center those hearts inside that middle of the frame, once you're happy with it, merge layer group.

• Let's erase some of that overlap of the mask layer (excluding the text of course lol). On your frame layer, using the magic wand click on the blank area outside of the frame. Move to your masked layer and grab your eraser tool and gently erase the over lap parts that are hanging just a smidge over underneath the frame, being careful not to erase the words. Select none when done and I chose to apply an inner bevel setting to the masked layer to give that layer a little more texture on it.

• Let's put that cute tube in there. Paste as a new layer under the frame but above the masked layer. Arrange to where you think she'll look best and re-size if needed. We want to have her peeking through the frame so I selected all, float, defloat, contract by 1 pixel, the tube layer, then move so your frame layer is now selected. Grab that eraser tool and erase the bits so that her head is peeking through there. Because you've got the whole tube layer selected you'll only erase the parts of the frame that overlap the tube. I left the bottom part of the tube alone, only the top portion. Select none when happy.

• Let's add some color inside the frame. Using your magic wand tool, click inside the frame, expand selections by 10. Add a new layer below the masked layer (so that the mask hearts are not hidden) and paste into selection paper of choice. I used paper 3. At this point I added a texture effect as well, I chose the texture Grain Fine.

• Add elements of choice at this point and giving them a suitable drop shadow. At this point I cropped and re-sized my whole tag to what the ending tag would be. Be sure to do any sharpening as needed. On my tube layer, I applied Xero Porcelain (default settings) and then duplicated, moving the copy below the main tube layer, giving a gaussian blur of about 2. On main tube layer, changed blend mode to Lighten. Use whatever your preference is.

• On the white background layer, add a new layer, select all and paste into selection paper of choice, once again I used paper 3. Apply Vix' mask 108, merge layer group and re-size if needed. I re-sized mine about 115% and then I also chose to change the blend mode to darken so that it showed up a little more. Tag looks soooo cute doesn't it?

• Add the artists copyright information and your taggers watermark and then just do your text. I chose to apply an inner bevel, Eye Candy Glass, and then Eye Candy Gradient Glow, along with a nice blurry drop shadow.

Hooray all done! See I told you it'd be fun ♥️

This tutorial was written by Tonya on December 28, 2009 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

bg by LadyQueen
code by Missy

ladyqueen
Admin

https://ladyqueenstutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum