LadyQueen's Tutorial Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naughty Valentine

Go down

Naughty Valentine Empty Naughty Valentine

Post by ♦Aqua♦ Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:27 pm

This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• Pink Chocolate scrapkit by Fantasy Moments, please leave some love if you download!

• I used a tube of Ismael Rac's which is available for purchase at AMI. Please do not use this tube if you do not have appropriate license to do so.

• Mask I used was by Weescotslas, you can get it here it's Mask 120.

• I used was valentine template 13 by the fabulous Stef of Freebie Friends, please leave some love if you download.

• I used Filter Factory E Metal Peacocks, Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow, Eye Candy 4 Glass, Eye Candy 4 Gradient Glow, and Xero Porcelain in this tag. Whew! I love my filters lol.

• Font used was Valentina JF which unfortunately I cannot supply but use whatever font you like!

Okay ready, let's go make a really easy temp tag!

• Open up Stef's beautiful template, duplicate the image and close out the original. Delete the credit layer and change the canvas size to 700x700. I added a layer, flood filled white and sent to bottom so I was able to see what all I was doing. On Rectangle 1 layer, select all, float, defloat, invert selections, paste a paper of choice as a new layer. I chose to also re-size by about 80% (I used paper 1). Press delete to remove excess, select none, and delete original Rectangle 1 layer. Repeat these steps for Rectangle 3 layer. Repeat these steps for Rectangle 2 and 4, this time I used paper 5.

• On Heart layer, select all, float, defloat, invert selections, paste a paper of choice as a new layer (I used paper 3), resize a little if you like, press delete and select none. Delete the original Heart layer. I deleted the Raster 2 layer (the Be Mine words). On Raster 3 use your manual color correction tool to change the color to color that matches your background, I chose to use a pink from the paper I used for the heart. Do the same for the Raster 4 layer. I applied a Perspective Shadow setting to each of the words, made them pop out a little more. If you don't have that filter you can achieve similar effects with drop shadow from within psp.

• Change your background color to a color of choice, again I used a pink color from the paper in the heart layer I just pasted in. On each of the black frame layers (Raster 1, Rectangle Frame 2, etc) and clicking on the black part flood fill with that color. I applied an inner bevel setting, use whatever one you think fits well. Do this on each of the black rectangle frame layers. On the black heart frame layer, I just used a turquoise color from the paper I used in 2 of the rectangles. Also apply that inner bevel setting here.

• Okay let's put our tube in there. Paste tube on top of the pink heart layer you just created in above steps. Select all, float, defloat, expand by 1 pixel, invert selections, and on the tube layer grab eraser tool and erase any bits of the tube hanging over you don't want showing. Kind of have her peeking out of the heart so to speak.

• On each of the paper layers (the heart and the 4 rectangles) apply Filter Factory E Metal Peacocks filter. I just used the default settings but play around with whatever you like. Add any elements you want at this time, I just added a bow at the bottom, I know not a lot of elements in this tag but sometimes that works lol!

• On white background layer, select all add 2 new layers. On one of them paste a paper of choice into selection, I used paper 21 and do the same thing for the 2nd blank layer you just added, this time I used paper 22. Apply WSL mask 120 to both of the layers, merge layer group on each of them. I flipped and mirrored one of them, using move tool to arrange how you like.

• Okay re-size your tag at this point to how you want ending size to be. Add artist's copyright and your tagger's watermark if you use one. Sharpen any layers that need it (especially the tube!) and on mine I applied Xero Porcelain to the tube, duplicated the tube, applied a gaussain blur of 1 to the tube copy, moving it below the original tube. On the original tube layer, I changed the blend mode to lighten. This is all just a preference and it may differ depending on what tube you used.

• Okay! Just add your text however you like. I chose to do mine in a turquoise color from one of the papers, added an inner bevel, gave an Eye Candy 4 Glass setting and created an Eye Candy 4 Gradient Glow using 3 colors from my tag with a drop shadow. Voila! That's it and I hope you've enjoyed this very easy tutorial♥️

This tutorial was written by Tonya on January 15, 2010 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

Scrapkit by Fantasy Moments

♦Aqua♦
♦Aqua♦
Admin

http://aquarebel315.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum