This tag and tutorial is in special honor of my dear friend Raqual, Happy Birthday Babe!
• Tube I used was by Caron Vinson which I purchased from CILM. Please do not use her art without an appropriate license to do so.
• Mask I used was from Melissa, you can get it here I used mask 14.
• I used the scrapkit by Angela of Bastel Galaxy called Autumn Dreams please go to her blog to find out purchasing options.
• Filters I used were: Xero Nostalgia, Xero Soft Vignette, Xero Porcelain, Super Blade Pro, Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow, and Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow.
• Font used was Mon Amour script Pro, but use whatever font you wish.
Okay ready, let's go, make a fab tag!
• Open up a new blank canvas of 700x700, if you are using PTU art, be sure that your resolution is at 72 dpi in accordance with the PTU companies TOU. Paste frame 4 as a new layer and re-size to your liking. The frame is gorgeous but as my friend Raq lovessssss sunflowers, I decided to put sunflowers over the flowers on the frame. Using flower 10, I pasted on top of frame, for the smaller flowers I re-sized by 30% and for the bigger ones it was by 50%. Just arrange them to your liking, see my tag for reference.
• Click inside the frame with your magic wand tool and expand your selections by 10. Add a new layer underneath the frame and paste paper of choice (I used paper 13) into selection on the new layer and select none. Now I wanted to lighten it just a little so I went to my effects browser (go to Effects on your toolbar and choose Effects Browser). Click on the Brightness and Contrast folder on the left hand side. It will show you options of what you can choose and I chose Histogram Stretch Factory Default as shown in my example below, then just click Apply.
• Let's put our tube in there. Back on the frame layer, click inside the frame and invert selections, contract your selections by 1. Paste tube on top of frame and position how you want on the tag. I had mine on top of frame but under the sunflowers I added to the frame as explained above. Once happy, grab your eraser tool and erase the bits hanging over the frame you don't want showing. Once complete select none.
• On the paper layer underneath the frame, paste tube as a new layer and arrange to liking so you see her on the right side under the tube and then duplicate and mirror and merge down so that the 2 tube layers are on one layer. (See my tag for reference of how to have it look.) On paper layer, select all, float, defloat, invert selections and on the double tube layer, press delete. On that tube layer, I applied Xero Nostalgia and then Xero Soft Vignette and then moved the opacity down to about 40. On the paper layer, I applied Xero Porcelain just to soften the paper up a little.
• On white background layer, select all, add a new layer, and paste paper of choice (I used paper 10) into selection on the new layer. Select none and apply Melissa's mask 14 and merge layer group. I re-sized the mask layer by 85% and arranged to make it fit nicely behind the frame.
• Add your elements of choice here. I added a doodle above the masked layer, re-sizing and duplicated a few times arranging to however you want to do that. I also added a bow and one of the pendants, this part is all your own preference on how you want your tag to come out. After that's done, I did my cropping and re-sizing of the tag to have it be the final tag size. Sharpen any layers that need it. On the main tube layer, duplicate and on top copy apply a gaussian blur of 5 and changed blend mode to Overlay. On the original tube layer, I applied Xero Porcelain twice to the tube. At this point add any drop shadows to any layers you want them on. I used Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow. If you do not have this filter, just use your fave drop shadow in PSP or other filter.
• Add the artist's copyright and your tagger's watermark. I applied text using the font Mon Amour script Pro using white in material palette and applied Super Blade Pro with yellow setting of choice. If you choose not to use the filter just do whatever effects you like best on tag. I then applied a gradient glow and a drop shadow. Hide the white background layer and optimize as a png. Voila you're all done!
This tutorial was written by Tonya on June 20, 2010, absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any part that may be similar to any tutorial is purely coincidental and unintended.
Scrap kit by Bastel Galaxy