LadyQueen's Tutorial Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Country Living (free to use kit)

Go down

Country Living (free to use kit) Empty Country Living (free to use kit)

Post by ladyqueen Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:29 pm

This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• Country Living scrapkit made by the very talented Melissa who has it available on her blog for free. If you choose to download this kit, please 'leave some love' on her 4shared in appreciation, it's what helps keep these freebies free lol.

• Mask 149 from Weescotslass

• Tube I used was by Delphine Levesque Demers and is available for purchase at CILM, but any tube will do also.

• Filters I used were Xero Porcelain and Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow.

• Font used was Young Love ES, but any font will do.

Okay ready, let's go!

1. Open up a blank canvas with a white background. I chose to use a starting size of 550 x 550.

2. Open up the scrap bits you wish to use. I then re-size the DPI on them, as it's important that if you are using PTU tubes, you may not exceed 72 DPI. I tend to re-size each item before putting on my tag, so I don't need to worry about it later. If you do not know how to re-size the resolution, check on my tips and tricks board and you'll see an easy peasy way to do that.

3. Take the Photoborder 2 frame and paste it onto your blank canvas. Then go and grab your magic wand tool and click on the white areas of the frame. Make sure to grab all the white areas, the ribbon cuts off a small portion. Expand by 1, and then invert your selection. Then take a paper of choice, the one I chose to use was Paper 4 and paste as a new layer on top of the frame, press delete and select none. That should leave a pretty beigeish color instead of the white on the frame. Merge down so that the frame is one layer again.

4. On your frame layer, grab your magic wand tool again, click inside the empty space, again make sure you grab as much as possible and then expand selection by about 8 or so, then invert your selection. Paste a new layer underneath the frame, I chose Paper 2 and delete and select none. You should now have a pretty purple background to your frame.

5. I wanted the color just a teensy bit lighter. So making sure that I was on that purple layer, go to Effects, and Effects Browser. You will see a lot of different folders, the one you want to click on is the Brightness and Contrast folder, and this will bring up options, it may take a minute to load. The one that I chose was Histogram St Factory Default. That gave it just a little lighter but didn't distort the color too much and keeps the different color tones instead of changing all color.

6. Now lets put our mask in there. Click on the white background layer and paste a paper of choice on that layer, I chose Paper 1 and I did need to re-size just a little to make the paper take up the whole canvas. I believe I re-sized by 110%. Apply WSLMask149 and merge layer group and voila that is done.

7. Paste your tube on top of the frame. I re-sized the tube by about 70%, but it depends on which tube you use.

8. On the purple layer that is under the frame I added a new layer and then applied a wordart brush. The one I had used was one of Melissa's older ones. Unfortunately her TOU state sharing is not allowed, but any wordart that you like will do.

9. Re-size your tag to your preference now, making sure that Re-Size all layers is checked. After doing this, on your tube layer, sharpen, and then I applied Xero Porcelain filter, just to give her a nice glow. Apply any necessary drop shadows of your choice.

10. Add your copyright and watermark. I always add the copyright AFTER re-sizing so that it is nice and clear.

11. Add your text, I chose to use Young Love ES, but any font will work. I used an inner bevel on it and then Eye Candy Gradient Glow of course and my drop shadow lol.

This tutorial was written by Tonya on January 14, 2009 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my expression permission.

bg by ladyqueen
bg code by Missy

ladyqueen
Admin

https://ladyqueenstutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down