LadyQueen's Tutorial Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All wrapped up with love (pay to use kit)

Go down

All wrapped up with love (pay to use kit) Empty All wrapped up with love (pay to use kit)

Post by ladyqueen Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:15 pm

This is the tag we'll be making, another nice easy scrappy tag. So, here's what you'll need:

• Tube I used was by Jennifer Janesko and can only be used with a license which can be obtained at CILM however any tube you want to use will do.

• Mask I used was Vix_mask108 please go to her site to get this awesome mask, her masks can be obtained under the goodies section.

• The filters I used were Xero Porcelain for the tube, Super Blade Pro and Eye Candy Gradient Glow for the text effects.

• Font used was Fancy Heart script, but use whatever font you wish.

• I used a scrapkit by the fabulous Teresa of Teresa's Scraps, the one I used was called Happy Hearts. Although the kit is pay, any kit will work nicely that has a heart box in it.

Okay ready, let's go!

1. Open up a large canvas, I usually start with 700 x 700 with a white background. I like to start large and then re-size as needed later, just so I have lots of space to work with. We will re-size and crop later. Now some don't like white backgrounds, that's okay, before you save, just hide the background and voila transparent. Very Happy

2. Take the HH_HeartBox01_TH piece and paste onto your canvas if you are using the same kit I did. Re-size to your liking. Any type of heart box will do for this tutorial.

3. Open up the paper named HH_Paper09_TH and paste underneath the heartbox. Apply your Vix Mask 108 to the paper to give that nice heart ray effect underneath. I love this mask for these heart boxes, such a pretty effect. Next go ahead and merge layer group.

4. Now paste your tube so it sits all nice into the heartbox. I chose this tube cuz she just seemed to sit right in there so nicely.

5. Take your tube and paste it as a new layer between the paper background and the frame. So it looks like she just blends right into it.

6. Now to make her look wrapped up in there as the title says, I took the HH_TiedPaperBow02_TH to it. I did colorize it just the teeniest bit to make it match the heartbox. Using the colorize tool, I used 247 Hue and 135 Saturation. Now paste your ribbon on top of the tube and using your deform tool have it however you want it across the heartbox, see my tag above for reference.

7. Now see that overhang? We want to get rid of that, so activate your heart box layer and select all, float, defloat, and invert. Then activate your ribbon layer and press delete. This should remove all the excess ribbon hanging over the edges of the heartbox. Select none. At this point, I also put one of the flowers on top of the knot of the paper bow.

8. Okay I wanted to add a little decoration behind the heartbox, so I used HH_Swirlbling02_TH. Re-size to your liking. Once you are happy with the size, what I did is move it over to one side, duplicated, and mirrored it. That gave it a nice rounder effect for behind the heartbox (I left mine above the mask layer but under the heartbox).

9. Now this is really looking pretty isn't it? At this point, lets go ahead and do our cropping and re-sizing and all that fun. After you re-size add your copyright and watermark. I always add copyright AFTER re-sizing so that it doesn't lose clarity on that text.

10. After you re-size, on the tube layer, sharpen the tube so she looks all nice and clear. Sharpen any other layers you wish at this point, add any drop shadows you wish at this point too. I also applied the Xero Porcelain filter to the tube. This gives it a nice glow that makes her pop out a bit.

11. Now we want to add our text! I used Fancy Heart script, since the font is a bit thinner, I did a stroke width of 2. I used white for my font colors and then applied a Super Blade Pro setting, the one that I used was one of Kris' called prettypinkjelly, and then applied a light pink gradient glow using Eye Candy and then a nice drop shadow. Use whatever font settings you prefer though!

That's it! We're done, I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and I look forward to seeing what you create with it.

This tutorial was written by Tonya on January 1,2009 in honor of my darling uncle who was called home New Years Eve. I wrote this when I couldn't sleep so I hope that it makes sense lol. Absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my expression permission.

BG created by LadyQueen Please do not remove!
bg code by Missy

ladyqueen
Admin

https://ladyqueenstutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down